Tax depreciation analysis for international property investment
For investors acquiring properties overseas, our tax depreciation analysis and cost segregation services maximise the tax relief available in each jurisdiction. This can be achieved by accelerating the depreciation of a property at rates that reflect the economic life of each component element.
By preparing a tax depreciation and cost segregation analysis on the expenditure incurred on a purchase, refurbishment or new development, investors can:
- Reduce current and future tax liabilities
- Improve cash flow
- Free up capital for further investment
How we can help
We provide straightforward, pragmatic and timely advice, in areas such as:
- Assessing and providing a cash flow forecast of the potential savings available on acquisitions and construction projects
- Advising on the local legislation and the ability to work with advisors to identify risk factors and opportunities
- Preparing a detailed cost segregation analysis and applying specific depreciation rates to ensure tax relief is both maximised and accelerated
- Preparing capital allowances claims on properties held by UK companies receiving rental income from properties owned overseas
We can liaise and work with local advisors and provide a specialist service, making us a valuable partner when investing in commercial property worldwide.