Capital allowances on property investment
Investors are continuing to identify opportunities to improve margins and maximise returns. Capital allowances can play a significant role in this value engineering.
Capital allowances have traditionally been seen as part of end-of-year accounting, but the earlier you engage a specialist advisor in a property purchase or capital expenditure project, the greater the opportunities there are for significantly enhancing the overall value.
How we help
We have a solid track record of working with entrepreneurial investors to unlock the significant cash tax savings available and provide commercially articulate advice throughout the lifecycle of a property investment.
Our team has worked with every type of investor, from offshore unit trusts and private individuals to REITs and traditional PropCos on most types of commercial property transactions. In all cases, our advice is always straightforward, pragmatic and timely, especially in areas such as:
- Pre-acquisition due diligence for investors and their lawyers, including forensic research into prior claims
- Purchase apportionment valuations for commercial property acquisitions
- Advice on the sale of property for investors and lawyers to ensure future tax relief is not surrendered
- Tax efficient design services for new developments, extensions or renovation projects
- Practical advice and contract clauses for lease incentives and capital contributions
Our approach is to identify and maximise the fiscal incentives available on acquisition, redevelopment, refurbishment and disposal. The result is improved cash flow and mitigation of future tax liabilities, often leading to the repayment of overpaid tax.