Amrik is the managing partner in our Dubai office. He specialises in cross-border corporate mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, foreign direct investments and large scale investments into emerging markets. He has extensive experience in the United Arab Emirates and GCC having worked closely with government and private companies on large scale mega real estate projects and corporate transactions across MENA.
Amrik has built up a specialism over his career in advising hotel developers execute management contracts with international hotel operators such as Anantara, Banyan Tree, Starwood Group, Hilton, Marriott, Four Seasons, Hyatt and Mandarin Oriental. He has successfully completed the Cornell University course on hotel real estate investment and asset management and is highly recommended for his hospitality development work.
Amrik has worked in-house as corporate counsel at Emaar Properties PJSC and at TDIC Abu Dhabi, advising on some of the landmark development in the UAE including the development of Burj Khalifa and Saadiyat Island.
He is a member of the Law Society International Group and several hotel investment groups.
How do you help clients?
I help clients find legal solutions to complex legal problems. I enjoy breaking down complex factual information into simple language and devising a strategy that helps clients manage risk and achieve their goal. I help management achieve the best financial valuations and returns for investors, globally.
- Advising the Abu Dhabi Government authorities on development and sale of hospitality assets in Abu Dhabi including the development of Saadiyat Island and the development of luxury five star resorts in Abu Dhabi.
- Advising an Indian-listed real estate developer on large scale joint venture real estate projects in Dubai.
- Advising a West African group on joint ventures in telecommunications, social media platforms and investments into East and West Africa.
- Advising European clients on investments into East and West Africa.
- Advising on hotel development in Uganda and development of large scale shopping malls and offices in Key City redevelopment area.