Head of R&D Tax Incentives
+44 (0) 121 212 7929
- R&D tax credit claim preparation, including negotiation and agreement with HMRC
- Preparation of Patent Box elections
Peter has over 10 years’ experience in providing R&D tax incentive advice to companies. He joined Gateley Capitus from EY, and previously worked at Mazars, sitting on HMRC’s R&D Consultative Committee. He has also worked as an R&D Specialist in HMRC’s Large Business team where he undertook enquiry work, and drafted some of the nexus-updated Patent Box guidance.
Peter’s range of experience, including time spent working for HMRC, makes him well placed to deliver cost savings to companies of all sizes and sectors by maximising claims of R&D tax incentives available to them.
- Preparation and agreement with HMRC of a significant R&D tax credit claim for a UK group in the defence sector.
- Negotiation and conclusion of an HMRC enquiry into a complex software claim for a start-up company, obtaining a valuable cash payment.
- Preparation and agreement of a Patent Box election for a company in the food packaging sector leading to a significant tax saving.
Peter enjoys playing volleyball with a local club, and once played for HMRC against the Prison Service in the Civil Service National Indoor Championships. He is also a trustee of a small charity that promotes events by young musicians and holds workshops for local children.