+353 (0) 1 428 3533
+353 (0) 87 779 7639
- Republic of Ireland property tax incentives including wear and tear allowances
- Land Remediation Relief
- Energy generation construction projects
Phil is a dual qualified tax advisor and chartered quantity surveyor with over 10 years’ experience specialising in capital allowances and property tax incentives. Phil focuses primarily on Irish capital allowances and heads up our Dublin office and is also an expert on UK capital allowances.
Phil began his career working with KMPG in Dublin before working with two of the UK’s leading surveying based capital allowances advisory teams. Phil also led Aecom Ireland’s capital allowances team and advises both accountants and a wide range of clients on capital allowances and other property tax incentives.
- Advised on the a €35m acquisition of a major office development in Dublin.
- Prepared an analysis of a €5m refurbishment and fit-out of a Grade A office block at Cherrywood Business Park, Dublin.
- Phil advised an Irish government body on the accounting depreciation treatment for their recent €140m office headquarter development. This involved a detailed analysis of the construction cost information and an allocation of useful economic lives to the various building component costs.
- Advised and analysed the expenditure incurred on an £800m flagship development of one of the tallest and most iconic buildings in Europe.
- Advised on the development of a £320m office on Leadenhall Street, London.
- Phil advised a global media company at design stage on their office campus development in London in order to maximise enhanced capital allowances. This involved undertaking workshops with design team members and drafting relevant wording for inclusion into the procurement documentation in order to maximise the available tax relief.
Phil enjoys reading, gardening, cooking, fishing and watching all sports. He is also a keen cyclist and likes running and swimming.